Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

Just a quick Thanksgiving note.  Noah & I celebrated a quiet day by ourselves.  I cooked our Thanksgiving dinner, and for once EVERYTHING turned out perfectly:  the button on the turkey even popped up--that NEVER happens.  Here's an aerial view of our meal just before we tore into it:



I made the photo extra-large, so it would make you extra jealous:  we had roast turkey with aromatics (Noah won the turkey at the turkey shoot on November 7th), Brussels sprouts roasted in brown hazelnut butter, garlicy green beans, homemade cranberry sauce, homemade sweet potato pie, and sparkling grape-blueberry juice.  It was delicious!!  And Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year, mainly because I LOVE turkey and cranberry sauce.  Not only did I have it for lunch on Thanksgiving, I had some more for dinner that night as well.  THEN, I had it for lunch and dinner yesterday, and guess what?  As soon as I finish this entry, I think I'll go have some for lunch--with a piece of sweet potato pie for dessert.  Yep, that sounds great & I'm hungry, so I'll talk to you all soon. 

Bye for now!
Buckskin

P.S.  You can see Suzy in the bottom left corner of the photo trying to figure out if she can make off with the turkey before anyone notices!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Lawyers