Tuesday, July 26, 2011

2.5 Seconds!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I must apologize, because Buckskin Lily's Amazing, Fantastic Blog hasn't been very amazing OR fantastic lately.  But in my defense, I've been having such a GREAT summer, I haven't had time to even think about my blog.  However, I today I decided to change that, so...here are a few updates on what Noah & I have been up to this summer.

The first major shooting event of the summer was the Wyoming State Championships aka Cody's Wild West Shootout which was held June 9-11, 2011 at the Cody Shooting Complex right here in Cody.  This was my best State Championship by far since we moved up here in 2007--I was shooting very well.  I was REALLY hoping for a win this year & at the awards ceremony, it came down to a nail-biter.  The 1st & 2nd place ladies' winners were separated by a mere 2.5 SECONDS!!!  I held my breath as Kari Lynn made the announcement & I LOST!!!!  ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!  By 2.5 SECONDS!!!!  Was I ever bummed!!!  So, once again, I'm only the runner-up state champion.  Phooey!!!

However, Noah & I DID pick up an unprecedented award...something we'd never won before & never expected to win, either:  Best Dressed Couple!!!  I was shocked.  Here we are in our finery...I think it was my new hat that put us over the top.

So...at least we didn't walk away completely empty-handed.  (Noah also won a handful of side match awards & took 3rd place state championship).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Lawyers