Friday, December 24, 2010

Jack-o-Lanterns!!

Shirleyshot came up for a visit during the fall, and while she was here, I hooked her up with a Korean conversation partner.  (My company trains English teachers from overseas who come to the US to study for 6 months at a time).  Shirleyshot's conversation partner was Sophie.

One day, Shirleyshot invited Sophie over to the house to carve some Jack-o-Lanterns.  Sophie came along with two of her friends:  Eunjeong & Sunny.  After a very brief pumpking-carving tutorial, the ladies got to work making some great Jack-o-Lanterns (by the way, all of these pumpkins came out of my garden):


After the Jack-o-Lanterns were finished, it was our turn to try something new:  Korean pumpkin pancakes.  I've got to tell you now, I'm a FAN!  They were delicious!!  Here are some shots of the ladies at work in the kitchen:


What a fun afternoon!!  I'll never forget it!!  Thanks, ladies!!  (Oh, by the way...you can see the back of Shirleyshot in the photo above.  She never let me take her picture the whole time she was here, so you've just got to take my word for it that she was even here!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Lawyers