Sunday, September 11, 2011

Critters We Saw in Yellowstone

 Well, we drove up to Chico Hot Springs for our anniversary again this year (it was our 10th one, if you can believe that!)  And we went through Yellowstone again, but this year we spotted some different critters:  we had our first ever wolf sighting.  Now, I apologize ahead of time for the poor quality photo, but he was really moving out & he was pretty far away when we spotted him.  I also wasted precious time switching out lenses on my camera, but it's a good thing I did that, because this shot was taken with my telephoto lens just before he disappeared over the top of the hill:

Kinda looks like somebody's German Shepherd got loose, but there was a geek, I mean a guy, from the Wolf Patrol there & he assured us it was a real wolf.

After lunch, when we were almost to the North Gate at Gardiner, MT, we spotted a pair of young, female Big Horn Sheep grazing (actually attacking a tree) alongside the road.  I was able to get some really nice photos of them...I still had my telephoto lens attached to my camera...and they were much better subjects than Mr. Wolf.



Well, that pretty much brings things up to the present.  I just finished my third week of school & things are going along just fine.  There may not be too much of interest happening for awhile...though Noah & I have birthdays coming up soon, AND we are planning to go REAL dogsledding up in Montana after Thanksgiving...which reminds me...I need to call & make reservations before it's too late.  I will definitely have a story on that.  Take care & talk to you all soon.

Love,
Buckskin Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Lawyers