Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Brunch at the Irma Hotel





Hi, everyone!  Well, Noah & I had an exciting day today.  We headed to town for brunch at the Irma Hotel.  The Irma was built here in Cody by Buffalo Bill in 1902 and named for his daughter, Irma Cody.  Here she is:





Anyhow, the Irma has an all-you-can-eat buffet brunch on Sundays with prime rib at the carving, baked ham, buffalo brisket & ribs, and lots of other goodies.  Noah loves it, and we'd go there every Sunday if I'd let him...but I'm good with 1 or 2 times per month. 

The restaurant was originally the saloon, and the original bar is still there.  The bar is a magnificent affair--a gift to Buffalo Bill from Queen Victoria of England.  The original cash register is still there as well, though not used.  The bar is currently decked out for Halloween, but here's a shot of it:




There's something new I've learned about living in a small town:  I need to always look my best whenever I go out, because I ALWAYS run into someone I know--ALWAYS!!  Like these two nefarious characters I saw today at lunch.  That's Lucky Bill & Flatnose George--two of our Cowboy buddies:





And here they are again at the carving station getting some of the prime rib (Noah says the prime rib is excellent, so I take his word for it not being a big prime rib fan, myself):





And here's something I bet you don't see everyday--it's not every eating establishment that has mounted buffalo heads in the dining room, but the Irma does (along with elk, antelope, deer, bobcats, etc. etc....):




So that just about wraps up the excitement from here for today.  Noah & I are headed up to Billings tomorrow, and as promised, I'll fill you in on all the highlights as soon as we get back.  I've got to go cook some dinner...I'm getting hungry!  That brunch has worn off already.  Enjoy what's left of your weekend & I'll talk to you all SOON. 
Love,
Buckskin



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Lawyers