Sunday, September 27, 2009

Last Shoot of the Season in Billings, MT


It was a sad day yesterday--the last shoot of the season for the Montana Territory Peacemakers of Billings, MT.  There was a sizable turn out & the weather was great--if you like sandstorms, that is.  Actually, the weather was really nice until the hurricane blew in around the middle of Stage 3.  But anyhow, my shoot was going really nicely as well until Stage 3 when I had to shoot my shotgun from the hip.  Last time I had to do that, I went through about 20 shells & had to leave the targets standing anyway because I ran out of ammo.  So I had myself so psyched out that it took me 20 seconds to knock the dang targets over & that was it for me winning the match.  But not to be deterred, I decided to shoot the best I possibly could despite my match-blowing inability to shoot from the  hip..  And I was shooting really well--fast on my pistols & rifle with NO misses...until...you guessed it!  The last stage!  I misssed my last pistol shot.  DOH!!!  I don't know what it is, but I ALWAYS do something to screw things up.  I just can't keep it together for an entire shoot.  It's SOOO aggravating!  The mental aspects of the game are proving to be the toughest for me to master.  But I know I can do better if I just put my mind to it.  I sure wish we didn't have to take time off for winter--can't wait for next spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Lawyers