Saturday, September 19, 2009

No Shoot Today--What We Did Instead...




Well...it's Saturday, but there aren't any shoots today & it's really too bad.  The weather is absolutely gorgeous.  This is my 3rd fall in Wyoming, and I'm beginning to think it's my favorite season here.  Anyhow...since there was no shoot today, Noah had a little extra time to take care of some chores around the ranch--like putting up winter hay for the horses.  We've got three, and they need 10 tons of hay to make it through the winter.  Noah and his friend Ken from California put up 5 tons by hand about a month ago, then our new shooting pard, Cherokee Joe, just sold us another 5 tons a few days ago.  Luckily, Cherokee Joe has a Bobcat with a loader which he graciously used to load and unload the hay for us.  (I really don't think Noah could have handled it all by himself!!)  So today we were out covering it with tarps.  We don't have a hay barn yet.  We were planning on building one this summer, but we never quite got around to it.  I'll be happy when we do get it up, though, because tying down tarps is a real pain in the you-know-where.  Espcially when the wind is blowing--and when isn't it blowing around here.  I also spent some time messing around in my garden.  It's getting into September, but the garden's still going strong.  Last night we had a wonderful chicken pot pie with garden peas and carrots, for lunch today I made my favorite summer squash casserole, and for dinner we're going to have a pepper & kale pasta with feta cheese.  Ah!  The wonderfulness of fresh garden veggies.  You can't beat 'em!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Lawyers