Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What I'm Up to Now that I'm NOT Teaching Anymore...

In my blog of September 11, 2009, I was reflecting on the passing of another summer and the coming of fall.  I also shared the fact that for the first time in almost my ENTIRE life, I didn't head back to school this fall & that I'd share a little about what I AM doing instead.  Well, on June 1st, I started a new job with Glacier Bay Training (we don't have much of a website at the moment, but we will soon...more about that when the time comes).  Anyway, my new job with Glacier Bay is a little hard to describe.  My title is Director of Project Development...and as such, I'm putting together English-language training programs.  We currently have a group of 40 Korean school teachers here studying English for 1 year, but our company is quickly expanding, and we will soon have several more groups studying with us.  However, our small team does a little bit of everything as our company is new and growing--from acting as tour guides, counselors, shuttle drivers, party planners, caterers, you name it...our job descriptions go on and on.  I think the best descriptor though, of what I do, is have fun.  This job is vast, varied, unpredictable & intellectually challenging--something I haven't experienced in a job since my early days of teaching way back in the late 80's.  So that's it...I promised I'd give a few more details, and that I did.  Here are a few pics of me & some of the "Incheon 40" teachers who are here studying with us right now.  Talk to you soon!!!

Love,
Buckskin


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Lawyers