Saturday, September 12, 2009

Last Shoot of the Summer for High Lonesome Drifters, Cody, WY

Just finished up the last CAS (Cowboy Action Shooting) shoot of the summer for the High Lonesome Drifters at the Cody Shooting Complex in Cody, Wyoming.  You know, we only shoot during the warm months up here--March or so through September or October (it varies by club).  The weather was fine (started out just a tad nippy with a bit of a breeze, but it soon warmed up to a near-perfect temperature somewhere in the low 70's).  Anyway, we had a great turn-out (by Wyoming standards, anyway--11 shooters!)  Don't know if it was the fact that this was the last shoot of the season for this club, or the great weather, or some combination of both, but there was a good crowd for this year's finale.  We had Noah Regrets & me (Buckskin Lily), Joe Cross, Sixgun Annie & Yellowstone Bill, Shad and Katie Hill, Cherokee Joe, Doc Weed (all the way from Billings, MT), Cheapshot, and a new feller who's calling himself Shane for the time being--until he picks himself up a good alias.

I was shooting pretty well today.  We shot 6 stages and I was clean with a P (prodcedural).  I shot one stage out of sequence & got a 10-second penalty for that.  I wasn't happy about it, either...but that's how it goes somedays.  I need to listen to the stage procedure when it's read--CAREFULLY!!!  It's one of those live and learn things--I hate those!  Don't you?  I'm still thinking I may have won the match, anyhow--though it's going to be close.  I'm waiting for the scores to be posted.  I already checked once, but they're not up yet.  You can check them out at the club's website:  http://www.highlonesomedrifters.com/.

Guess there's not much more to say about it for now--until the official results are in.  I'm plumb tuckered out.  Think I'll grab some grub & watch a DVD.  Talk to you all soon--my next shoot's not until the 26th up in Billings, Montana.  Their last one of the season.  I've been doing pretty well up there this summer--I came in first overall last month(beat all the guys and everything!)  You can check out those scores at http://www.montanaterritorypeacemakers.org/

So...YEE-HAH!!!  Talk to y'all later.

LOVE,
Buckskin Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Lawyers